Privacy has always been an important part of how we do business. We would like to make our policy concerning information collection and use absolutely clear. This notice explains our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way information is collected and used.
The Information We Collect
At MarkWest, we do not collect personally identifiable information about you through our Web site unless you voluntarily provide it. At any time, you may opt-out of providing such personally identifiable information by simply not providing it or by discontinuing your use of the MarkWest Web site. Examples of information which you may voluntarily provide to us while using our site include:
- E-mail address
- Account number (if you are a current customer)
- Information about your computer and browser
To improve our Web site, we collect information on the number of visits to our Web site, the time visitors spend on the Web site, the number of pages viewed and the domains from which visitors visit our Web site. This information is only analyzed by us in the aggregate; it is not associated with any specific individuals.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use the information you voluntarily provide to:
- Fulfill your request
- Help you quickly find and/or receive information about MarkWest Alert you to updated information and services
- Provide more complete service
- Improve the content of our web site for your reference
- Answer your questions
MarkWest does not sell the personally identifiable information you provide nor does MarkWest share such information with third parties for the purpose of sending you advertisements for products or services unaffiliated with MarkWest or with its affiliates or business partners. MarkWest may, however, share personally identifiable information that you provide to us for legitimate business purposes, including without limitation the following:
- Transferring such information to MarkWest's affiliates and subsidiaries, unless such transfer is prohibited by law; transferring such information as part of a merger, consolidation, acquisition, divestiture or other corporate restructuring (including bankruptcy);
- Making such information available to third parties who are providing the product, service or information that you have requested (but never your password);
- Making such information available to third parties who are providing services to MarkWest or its subsidiaries or affiliates (e.g., providing such information to third parties performing computer-related services for MarkWest or its affiliates (but never your password));
- Disclosing such information that is allowed by law or that our legal counsel forms a good-faith belief that such disclosure is required by federal or state law, subpoena or court order.
By providing personally identifiable information, you expressly
consent to these privacy practices.
Also, MarkWest reserves the right to share any aggregated information (i.e., non-personally identifiable information) with any third parties for any reason, unless prohibited by law.
Given the nature of the internet and the fact that no security system is perfect, MarkWest does not promise that the information you provide will never be obtained by unauthorized persons. MarkWest does, however, utilize industry-standard practices to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration and destruction. Such measures include using firewalls and Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) to protect certain sensitive transmissions of information. In some areas of our Web site, we require a user ID and password for you to access certain information. MarkWest will not disclose such password to third parties; however, you are responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your password.
Links To Non-MarkWest Sites